Is there a strategy to manage data that would allow 2 owners?

Is there a way to have two owners for a dataset? We had a previous user leave the company. Now we have to re-assign a new owner for all those datasets but the reality is that those datasets might not be solely managed by a single user. Is there a way to share the ownership?

Answers

• Yes, you can have co-owners. In the data center, if you click on the dataset and then click on the 3 dots in the top right and choose Share Data. You can add people and choose co-owner as an option.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • dkonig
    dkonig Member
    edited February 2022

Nice! Thanks! Can this be done in bulk?

• Yes. when you are in the data center and the datasets page, you can hover over the top left corner of a dataset and it will expose a checkmark. You can then select multiple dataset and then click the person with the plus sign in the top right and it will allow you to set the co-owners.

• Ah. Yes. I recall that feature now. Much appreciated!

• Sorry about this. Can you make yourself a co-owner if you are an admin? If so what permissions do you need. I try to make myself(an admin) a co-owner of a dataset and it tells me to contact the Domo support team.

• That is strange. I am an admin and I just made myself a co-owner without issue. What type of dataset is it? Maybe if it is a federated set. Try with other types of datasets and see if it is consistent.

• Yeah. My mistake. I was told I was an admin but I am only privileged. Back to fight for admin rights or at least data admin rights.

• If they aren't willing to give you full admin rights, you can have your organization look into custom roles, which gives you more granular control over which rights you do have. You can read more about it in this KB article.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043438973-Managing-Custom-Roles