Any way to obtain a "last login" parameter for Users via the API?

Trying to obtain something like this from a GET request to the API to send out some inactivity emails with a Python app of ours. Didn't see any parameters like this in the API documentation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

If you have added the DomoStats datasets to your instance, the People dataset has the last login as a column. Pulling the information from there might be the easiest.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

If you have added the DomoStats datasets to your instance, the People dataset has the last login as a column. Pulling the information from there might be the easiest.

• "There's an API for that" ™  😂

api/identity/v1/users/search

You can submit a POST request to that endpoint and it'll return user information. It defaults to 200 users.

Sample body:

{"showCount":true,"count":false,"includeDeleted":false,"includeSupport":false,"limit":200,"offset":0,"sort":{"field":"displayName","order":"ASC"},"filters":[],"attributes":["id","roleId","department","title","employeeId","employeeNumber","created","lastActivity","displayName","modified"]}

Standard API warning: This is an unsupported API thus can change at any time and is not supported by Domo Support. Use at your own risk.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thanks to both of you fellas! I totally forgot about the DomoStats dataset, I'll be going with that solution. :)

• That's great to hear @loganherzog . If you can mark the answer as accepted, that will help others in the community.