How to clean up clutter - User Conference Jan 2022 notes

john_stevens
john_stevens Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

If you would like to replicate the dataflow showed in the presentation, go here - https://doc.clickup.com/d/h/8895x-1107/6de82f6ad073c84/8895x-147 

You can copy the code at the bottom of the page, open up a new Magic ETL 2.0 canvas in Domo and use the keyboard shortcut for “paste” (command + v on a Mac) to get the flow onto your MagicETL canvas. You may need to scroll down to see it on your canvas.

If you’re interested in learning more about the MajorDomo Deputy, which can leverage this type of dataset to manage your Domo environment at scale, feel free to reach out to us at interest@crystalballers.ai

Comments

• I created this dataflow in our instance yesterday and it revealed a few pages and cards that I can't even find. They are linked to 2 user ID's that don't exist in the People table. Great find, but now trying to figure out how to get rid of them.

• Does anyone know where the recording of yesterdays kickoff can be viewed?

• **Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @GrantSmith that just links back to this thread?

• Sorry @Crisocir, Had too many windows open answering too many questions at the same time. That was meant for a different post. I don't think they have the recordings posted yet. @Richard - any update on the videos from the virtual user group?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi there,

In the dataflow presented by John Stevens, I just had a question about the joins following the Group Bys in the dataflow details and Datasets portion of the ETL (circled in my screen shot)

From "dataflow details", we group by dataset output id and count their occurances. When we join that group by back to dataflow details, are we joining the output id to the dataflow id, or to the dataset input id?

To me it seems like we join the output id to the dataflow id, and then, below that we group by dataset output id and count again, and then join dataset output id to the dataset id from datasets. But I wanted to double check.

• Nevermind, I just figured out how to copy and paste the code, sorry about that