What's the best way to clean up dashboards?

I want to see how many times a card gets an interaction. My department is hoping to clean up how many cards were created, but I don't know who is using what card, is there a way to see how many times a card is viewed and how often?

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Brad_Kempnich

There is a DomoStats connector dataset for the Activity log which will allow you to query certain events to see when a card was last viewed. One note to this though is that it's only counted if the card details are viewed and not just viewed on a dashboard.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

A good place to start is to install the Domo Stats dashboard in the Domo App Store. It will create a number of datasets that will have this type of information and it will also build a set of cards for you. There is also the Domo Governance datasets in the App Store. I would look into adding those to your instance as well. These will help you find out which cards and pages are being viewed the most.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Brad_Kempnich

There is a DomoStats connector dataset for the Activity log which will allow you to query certain events to see when a card was last viewed. One note to this though is that it's only counted if the card details are viewed and not just viewed on a dashboard.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

A good place to start is to install the Domo Stats dashboard in the Domo App Store. It will create a number of datasets that will have this type of information and it will also build a set of cards for you. There is also the Domo Governance datasets in the App Store. I would look into adding those to your instance as well. These will help you find out which cards and pages are being viewed the most.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi @Grant how can we track last viewed for those cards which are on dashboard? Because if I want to cleanup cards I want to ensure it's neither viewed on dashboard nor by clicking on details

• The questions should not be when it was last viewed, but who has viewed it. Since several of us wander around dashboards, looking at the cards for issues and validity, we exclude then from our consideration of "recent use". To get the full picture, use the DomoStats data sets to connect the activity log to people, cards, dashboards (aka pages), datasets(aka DataSources) and dataflows.