Governance datasets with Dataset source name

AnwarBham
AnwarBham Contributor
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Hi , we are using the azure gen2 data connector, is there a governance dataset that contains

directory name and Select File name .

so we are not duplicating the same dataset twice.

i have looked in the Gov Datasets and i cant find any field that relates to the settings section.

Best Answer

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@AnwarBham you could try putting those fields in the description of your dataset and then using the governance dataset to grab and parse out the description. You would just have to make sure all the azure datasets have the description in the same format.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• If it is like another Microsoft connector, you will have to manually type in the directory that it is located in:

Example for sub-sub-directory: test/test/test

Once the directory path is populated, the select file dropdown should give you a list to choose from.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

Thanks for your response , but i just want a list of azure datasets in domo and the source file names that are being used.

• Hi @AnwarBham

That level of detail doesn’t exist in the governance/metadata tables and isn’t easily available without getting very technical with some API calls

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

i have used the python API before with domo , can i invoke a method datasets.get or what pydomo library does the attribute reside in thanks.

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@AnwarBham you could try putting those fields in the description of your dataset and then using the governance dataset to grab and parse out the description. You would just have to make sure all the azure datasets have the description in the same format.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

Thanks @Ashleigh this solution means going through all the datasets and extracting the source and name of the file and adding them to the description. until domo improve the governance dataset i guess this will be the only option