How to fix different number formatting - thousands separator

In my ETL preview, I see the field Case Number as I want it, without Thousands Separator.

When I then Run and check the actual Data table or drill in Cards, then the Thousands Separator is there again. Where can I change this setting?

I would like to be able to copy the Case Number and paste it in the Search of Salesforce. With the Separators in the number I always have to delete them manually.

Thanks for any help!

Best, Caroline

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @CarolineRogg1

this is a display issue. You can convert the field to be a string using the alter columns tile if you want it displaying without the commas. Alternatively you can make it a string on the input dataset tile configuration

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @CarolineRogg1

this is a display issue. You can convert the field to be a string using the alter columns tile if you want it displaying without the commas. Alternatively you can make it a string on the input dataset tile configuration

• HI Grant. Thanks for the answer!

Just to clarify, you mean text, like here?

Curious, if I do that and would like to Sum, that then won't work anymore. But not trying here anyway.

Thanks again!

• That's correct. If you change it to a string then you won't be able to do a lot of different mathematical aggregates like SUM, AVG etc if you convert it to a string. You'll be able to COUNT the records.

This is only a display issue. You can format your field as a number when displaying it on a card and tell it to not include the commas. The raw dataset will still show the commas for easier readability but it sounds like you don't want to treat it as a number but rather a string.

• Thanks again Grant!