Running Total Group Bar - keep running total but in a specific range of time

Hi all,

I have this case that is similar to the #52547 discussion and I quote. The difference here is that I need to be able to select any portion of time that the user needs, for example, a specific year (graph by month or quarter or... )

Also, it may be able to filter by other columns. See the image attached.

If I select only the last two months, I need to be shown the same values.

I'm using beast mode:

`sum(sum(value)) over (partition `Business Unit`, `Customer Segment` order by Date)` but when I filter only the range I need the previous months is lost, as I expected. Is there any way to do this?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

One option is to leverage the zoom capabilities, where you click and drag your mouse around the months you want to zoom into, such as the last two months. You can even start it zoomed in when you are in Analyzer, and then the user can click the arrow to zoom back out. This should keep your running totals in tact. I could see how using the date rang filter would alter the calculations.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

One option is to leverage the zoom capabilities, where you click and drag your mouse around the months you want to zoom into, such as the last two months. You can even start it zoomed in when you are in Analyzer, and then the user can click the arrow to zoom back out. This should keep your running totals in tact. I could see how using the date rang filter would alter the calculations.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thank you so much for your response, Mark. It was really helpful. And I'm so sorry for my late reply.