Filters that persist between pages

Chris_Hippo
Chris_Hippo Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I've been asked to put together a dashboard covering multiple KPIs for various aspects of the business, the visualization of which requires around 55 charts. The KPIs can be split into groups, so finance, product, customer, staffing, etc. My plan was to use a page per group.

Is it possible to build filters that persist between pages? One of my filters is 'Branch' and if 'London' is selected on the finance page, I would like that selection to carry over to product, customer, and so on.

If it isn't possible to do this between pages, is there a way of building the dashboards that would allow persistent filters? The only option I can see at the moment is building everything into one huge page, which isn't going to be a nice experience for the end-user.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chris_Hippo

Currently this isn’t possible to do. Id recommend adding it to the idea exchange.

If you want your filters to affect your different cards then they’d have to be all on the same page.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chris_Hippo

Currently this isn’t possible to do. Id recommend adding it to the idea exchange.

If you want your filters to affect your different cards then they’d have to be all on the same page.

• Thanks @GrantSmith. In that case, I'll need to build some navigation into the page to allow users to skip between sections without having to scroll - like anchor links in HTML. Is that possible?

• No, anchor links aren't supported in Domo. A somewhat clunky solution would be to utilize pfilters to directly link to different pages with predefined filters but if they navigate their on their own without using those links the filters won't be applied. It'd be difficult to translate the currently selected filters to an actual pfilter link though but thought I'd let you know it's existence if it would benefit your use case. Domo Embed/Everywhere supports persistent filters but Domo proper does not.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042933114-Using-Pfilters-to-Apply-Filters-from-URL-Query-Parameters-to-Embedded-Dashboards