Is it possible to create a graph with categorical levels?

Hello! ☺️

I have this card in which every number (1-2-3-4) represents 4 possible levels of a scale (1-> Insufficient, 2-> Regular, 3->Sufficient, 4->Outstanding). Is it possible to create this card but with categorical levels so the card doesn't show 1, 2, 3 and 4 but the categoribal words?

Best Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@ramoshe if you want categorical values on the X and Y axis you'd need a different chart type.

Consider a heat map. or pivot table

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Agree with @jaeW_at_Onyx . I often use a heat map for this type of work. See below.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

You can create a beast mode and use that in your card instead of the field containing the number.

CASE WHEN number = 1 THEN 'Insufficient'

when number = 2 THEN 'Regular'

when number = 3 THEN 'Sufficient'

when number = 4 then 'Outstanding'

end

You'd replace "number" with whatever your field name is.

• Thanks @mhouston, but the problem is that originaly it's a categorical field (Insufficient, Regular, Sufficient, Outstanding). It is to say I used the reverse beast mode of the one you showed me in order to get the numerical values that can be used in the x-axis. I am asking if is possible to use the categoricals for the x-axis somehow. 😥

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@ramoshe if you want categorical values on the X and Y axis you'd need a different chart type.

Consider a heat map. or pivot table

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Agree with @jaeW_at_Onyx . I often use a heat map for this type of work. See below.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.