Problem with SQL for WordCloud Chart

Ainash
Ainash Member
edited March 2023 in SQL DataFlows

Hi all!

So, I am trying to run SQL code using these instructions https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042925094-Word-Cloud-Chart

When I am at step 9 and trying to run this code

CALL word_cloud('nuvaira_patientlogreport_recursive', '`Notes`' , 'y','y' );

It gives me an error 'Invalid. Whoops! Something went wrong.'

I removed all Null's and empty string rows, didn't help.

Any help, please :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @Ainash

Does your dataset have a single column? If that's the case the word_cloud function doesn't work with a single column. You can add a dummy column to allow your dataset to be processed. I've written about this previously here: https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/comment/54744#Comment_54744

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • yes, I saw that answer. No, it has 17 columns and I am trying re-write one column named 'Notes'

• I wish they had more explanation of an error, not just 'Whoops! Something went wrong!' @GrantSmith

• You and me both @Ainash. Is that the error message you get when selecting 'Run to Here' on your function call to the word_cloud?

Are you able to add a transformation to just select the column you need (plus another or just a bogus value) from your input dataset and utilize that resulting table as your input table to?

• @GrantSmith I am able to run another codes, like first transformation that was in instruction. Then i re-wrote Null's.

But when I press "Run SQL" with step 9 code, it starts running and in couple minutes it gives this error 'Whoops! Something went wrong!'. I tried to re-run it by double clicking again and it says 'final' table already exist or smth like that, so something is happening there when its running, it just breaks somewhere in the middle.

• You can add another SQL transformation (not a table one) to have it drop the final table if it exists before you run the word_cloud function call because in the MySQL database that's spun up it'll create the table but won't ever remove it when you attempt to create it again and cause the table already existing error.

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `final`;

This will allow you to recreate the table as many times as you need during your testing.

You may need to reach out to support to see if they can give you a better error message from the execution.