Join in Domo

Hi everyone! I am looking to get the below outputs for the for the following columns in Domo:

Distinguished Name Column: CN=Janet Jackson,OU=Users,OU=Technology,OU=TheArtFactory,DC=artfactory,DC=priv

Output needed: Janet Jackson

Manager Column: CN=Joe Jackson,OU=Users,OU=Information Technology,OU=TheArtFactory,DC=artfactory,DC=priv

Needed output: Joe Jackson

Thank you!!

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fadem

You can do this in a magic etl dataflow with a regular expression and a replace text tile.

Regular Expression:

^CN=([^,]*).*$

You can also just copy and paste the following JSON code into your MagicETL dataflow which should handle things for you:

{"contentType":"domo/dataflow-actions","data":[{"name":"Replace Text","id":"a028495a-46f9-4503-8e12-a43cfe640999","type":"ReplaceString","gui":{"x":276,"y":180},"dependsOn":["c9d8eab3-4065-417a-8bb7-d8be5e58edb6"],"removeByDefault":false,"notes":[],"fields":[{"inStreamName":"Column","useRegex":true,"replaceString":"^CN=([^,]*).*$","replaceByString":"$1","wholeWord":false,"caseSensitive":false}]}]}

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

No it should work in ETL1 or 2 using the Replace Text tile. You just need to make sure to put the regex in the search and $1 in the replace and make sure you click the gear in the search field and select Use RegEx

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fadem

You can do this in a magic etl dataflow with a regular expression and a replace text tile.

Regular Expression:

^CN=([^,]*).*$

You can also just copy and paste the following JSON code into your MagicETL dataflow which should handle things for you:

{"contentType":"domo/dataflow-actions","data":[{"name":"Replace Text","id":"a028495a-46f9-4503-8e12-a43cfe640999","type":"ReplaceString","gui":{"x":276,"y":180},"dependsOn":["c9d8eab3-4065-417a-8bb7-d8be5e58edb6"],"removeByDefault":false,"notes":[],"fields":[{"inStreamName":"Column","useRegex":true,"replaceString":"^CN=([^,]*).*$","replaceByString":"$1","wholeWord":false,"caseSensitive":false}]}]}

• @GrantSmith Thank you so much!!! I am assuming you have magic ETL 2 because I don't see any tile that would let me use the following expression.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

No it should work in ETL1 or 2 using the Replace Text tile. You just need to make sure to put the regex in the search and $1 in the replace and make sure you click the gear in the search field and select Use RegEx

• @GrantSmith You're Awesome! Thank you.

• Glad I could help! If you could make sure to mark it as an accepted answer so others can easily find this I'd appreciate it!