Orientation of Reports

Does anyone know how to change the orientation of reports/cards?

When I go to the wrench and click SEND NOW the card is sent, but it is portrait, not landscape, and therefore not all of my rows display... so not really helpful

Answers

• I would recommend using the Send/Export option and then choose Excel if your card is a table. This will ensure the complete data is sent.

The Send Now option is intended for graphs because it is essentially doing a screenshot of the card.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • That's what I was afraid of. It looks like the export to excel doesn't allow for scheduling, nor does the excel output copy the formatting (or at least for me)... not much different than csv.

If anyone out there has any thoughts on how to schedule a report as a pdf (or something similar), I'd love your advice.

• You may want to look into the Domo Campaigns App. It is an add-on, so you will want to talk to your CSM about cost, but it does allow for PDF attachments along with a lot of other functionality. You can get a trial of it and see if it meets your needs. Here is more information on it:

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042933494-Domo-Campaigns-App

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @mlevine_BRIT

if you want to just schedule one single card and data this is possible without the campaigns app. Click on schedule as report and check the option that says include .csv attachment. This will schedule the card as well as the csv per your settings.

Best,

TJ

• @mlevine_BRIT

I agree with @tejusarora 's suggestion about the CVS option.

Also, which type of card are you trying to send? I've found that you can see more columns when emailing a Mega Table (the "Table" in the Popular Charts section) as opposed to the HTML table.

• It sounds like the only option for scheduling a report with appropriate formatting and that is un-editable will require Domo Campaigns App. That's a bummer.

I have sales figures for clients that rent our facility and we obviously cannot give them access to our system. Or reports for our board. csv won't work if it can be manipulated (not compliant for audit purposes) and requires the person who receives the flat file to throw together a report.

Maybe domo is focused more on dashboarding.

• BLoosli
    BLoosli Domo Employee

You could throw this information on a story and export the story as a pdf : https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043437893-Exporting-Domo-Stories-Pages-to-PDF

• Thanks @blool1, creating a story helped, it looks much more like what I'm trying to achieve.