Magic ETL - Copy Single Tile

GrantSmith
GrantSmith Coach
edited December 2023 in Magic ETL Ideas

I share a lot of ETL code both internally and here on the Dojo. It's great that you can multi-select tiles in Magic ETL and select Copy to Clipboard, pass it along and have someone them copy and paste that into their ETL to get the same tiles. There are many times where I'm showing an example for a single tile in magic ETL and would love the ability to copy a single tile to the clipboard instead of having to select multiple tiles then hack the resulting JSON to get the single tile I need for my example.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
19 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Good idea. I've always wondered about this feature too. I'll make sure to review it with the team.

Comments

• Agreed! If I ever only need one tile I always have to copy the one before or after it and then delete it when I paste it.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• I would also like the option to copy a single tile. I have often done what @Ashleigh does, which is copy and paste multiple tiles only to delete the one(s) that I don't want. It is an unnecessary extra step every single time. You have my vote!

• AndreaLovesData
    AndreaLovesData Domo Product Manager

Good idea. I've always wondered about this feature too. I'll make sure to review it with the team.

Domo Product Manager for Data Transformation (MagicETL)