Is there any way we could replicate Multi-Row formula tile of Alteryx tool in Domo?

Answers

• Hi @LoveBindal

Have you looked into Window functions? You can do it in either an ETL using the Rank and Window tile (https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042922814-Magic-ETL-Tiles-Rank-and-Window) or you can use window functions within beast modes. Specifically utilizing LAG and LEAD will allow you to get the N prior row or the X next row. I've done a writeup of how to use LAG and/or LEAD for a rolling 3 day average here: https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/52679/domo-ideas-conference-beast-modes-rolling-averages#latest

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • HI @GrantSmith , Rank-Window functions dont work like the MULTI-ROW function works. Let me give you an example, we have following rows,

Here we want value = value(row-1)+1 where row= row-1 else value(row-1) - 0.1

This should bring incremental values in MULTI-ROW but doesnt in our rank-window or windowed function.

Expected output should be :

if we use our tools in domo, then we would get 1,2,3,3,3,2.9,1 resp which is wrong.

Please let me know if you can help me with this.

Thanks🐼

• So this isn't easily possible however you could implement a mysql data flow using some creative hackery using variables. I was able to write up an example using your sample data you had provided to get the results you expected.

SELECT `Dept`,`Value`, COALESCE(`Value`, IF(`tbl`.`Dept`=@pred, @prev+@offset, @offset+@prev-1.1)) as new_value, @offset, CASE WHEN `Value` IS NOT NULL THEN @prev:=`Value` END prev, @pred:=`Dept` pred, @offset:=1+case when `Value` IS NULL THEN @offset ELSE 0 END new_offset
    FROM `tbl`, (SELECT @pred := null, @prev := null, @offset:=0) var_init

Essentially it's keeping track of how much offset to add if the current value is null. It's not a perfect working version but gives you an idea. If a new department starts with nulls it won't handle that scenario properly for the 2nd null row in a department.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**