Defining Custom Color Palettes

It would be nice to be able to define custom color palettes to choose from. I don't mean the ability to set color rules on datasets or cards, or the white label features in embedded analytics. I mean adding your own palettes to the color picker for internal dashboards.

Right now, having to use hex codes for everything is a bit of a nuisance and it would be nice if I had additional color schemes of my choosing readily available. I see this has already been requested in multiple threads, can these all be merged so the votes for this feature can be correctly represented?

Custom Palette

Saved Custom Color Palettes (Card or Dashboard level)

Custom Color Range

Comments

• @Anna Yardley may be able to group the threads together and get the various ideas consolidated. I agree it would be a nice feature enhancement

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Totally agree - as well as the ability to select two colors and have it automatically assign gradients on the spectrum between those two colors. Examples here.

• so... this isn't closed, so i'm just gonna add: this is an enhancement that would be a huge win. is there any update on this or even on the roadmap?

• Is there any update in regards to this idea? Domo needs to be more flexible with visualization options and this is one of the important features missing.

• @Christianjmzc I think I remember seeing something at the last Domopalooza that custom palettes are in the works.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• Gionniz
    Gionniz Contributor

please do something about palette and colour management in the dashboard

• Gavatar
    Gavatar Domo Product Manager

We have custom palettes that can affect your entire instance. This is an admin function. Talk to your sales rep to get this enabled.

We are working on scoping additional color options soon.

Now is a good time to add to your wish list for this feature. We are definitely looking at gradients between a start and end color for all chart types. We have a few ideas on adding to the palette picker but would love to hear your preferences.

• Does the custom palettes require an additional cost? Also, is there a way to change the default to the custom palette so all of our users don't have to keep updating using hex codes?

• Also chiming in here as a new Domo professional entering with a 15+ year design and marketing background:

Color is a huge factor in visualization as well as brand identity. Fairly surprised that this isn't implemented and readily available, 3 years after the initial post. Hoping to see some updates soon! 🤓🎨