World Holiday Data

Is there a dataset in the appstore somewhere that has every holiday in each country?

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Best Answer

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

Ended up figuring out a solution using the Google Calendar connector. I added the country holiday calendars into my google calendar account and then imported each calendar into Domo. I then joined them with the Domo Dimension Calendar table to get a list of the next two years with all the holidays for each country identified. We only have certain holidays off so I used a formula to identify those. There may be a more efficient way to combine this data but this was my first cut.

In the Formula tile I made a new field that merged both US and Hungary holidays together that way I was only using one field.

End result is two calendars that allow us to see our office closures and all holidays.

Our use case for this was to help us manage a team that consist of US an international employees. Helps us keep track of when people are going to be out or not. I might try and go a step further and bring in our outlook calendars to show a team meeting chart or something 😄

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• Hi @Ashleigh

I don't believe there is, you can get the US or AU holidays from the Domo Dimensions connector referencing the calendar.csv or AUcalendar.csv files respectively. There are other API services which will get you international holidays like https://www.timeanddate.com/services/api/holiday-api.html but you typically have to pay for those services. You'd need to write a custom connector.

Alternatively Microsoft has an open source dataset for holidays for 38 countries which you might be able to utilize but it's in parquet format so you'd need to convert it before uploading to google.

https://date.nager.at/Api is another option

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

Ended up figuring out a solution using the Google Calendar connector. I added the country holiday calendars into my google calendar account and then imported each calendar into Domo. I then joined them with the Domo Dimension Calendar table to get a list of the next two years with all the holidays for each country identified. We only have certain holidays off so I used a formula to identify those. There may be a more efficient way to combine this data but this was my first cut.

In the Formula tile I made a new field that merged both US and Hungary holidays together that way I was only using one field.

End result is two calendars that allow us to see our office closures and all holidays.

Our use case for this was to help us manage a team that consist of US an international employees. Helps us keep track of when people are going to be out or not. I might try and go a step further and bring in our outlook calendars to show a team meeting chart or something 😄