Add Time to Datetime

I have two columns `timePlaced` is a datetime, while `timeEstimate` is an integer that represents minuets. Using the below beast mode I am able to convert `timeEstimate` to minuets, ex 10 turns to 00:10:00.

SEC_TO_TIME(`timeEstimate`*60)

When I try to add it to `timePlaced` using the fowling beast mode I get null values.

ADDTIME(time(`timePlaced`),SEC_TO_TIME(`timeEstimate`*60))

I have used variations including wrapping the entire formula in TIME(), using "+" instead of ADDTIME(), but none return the correct value. Is there a specific syntax or function needed to add duration to a time value?

Sample image of card below:

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Try just the following:

ADDTIME('timeplaced','timeEstimate'*60)

AddTIME expects the first parameter to actually be a datetime value, so no need for you to convert anything there. It expects the second parameter to be in seconds, which is why I am multiplying your minute number by 60.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• Try this:

DATE_ADD(`timePlaced`, INTERVAL `timeEstimate` MINUTES)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Try just the following:

ADDTIME('timeplaced','timeEstimate'*60)

AddTIME expects the first parameter to actually be a datetime value, so no need for you to convert anything there. It expects the second parameter to be in seconds, which is why I am multiplying your minute number by 60.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Ah, I was over complicating my formula, goof time know ADD_TIME uses datetime not time values only.

Thanks!