External Chat with DOMO

Hi, People!

Anyone already use a external chatbot with DOMO?

Our idea is use a external application to ask simple questions like "What's my total sales in Jan/21 of product X?" and that application will log in DOMO, pull the data from dataset or card (is possible to return a card, too) and place the response to the user... Or in a preconfigurated hour, place a card ou a information to whatsapp/Hougouts

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

oh. fun project.

i see it as two steps.

1) you'd have to get your chatbot to translate your question into a dataset with a set of filters.

2) you translate that response into an API request.

the second part is not so hard. the first part though ... if it were me i would have one table that has my data pre-aggregated such that it has a column "metric type", <columns to filter on> , "amount"

then when the chatbot asks "whats my total sales in January" i have to translate that into the metric "total sales" , Period = "January 21", Product = "X"

then that has to get translated into a domo query (see the SQL API) and then use developer token (developer.domo.com) to authenticate.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

oh. fun project.

i see it as two steps.

1) you'd have to get your chatbot to translate your question into a dataset with a set of filters.

2) you translate that response into an API request.

the second part is not so hard. the first part though ... if it were me i would have one table that has my data pre-aggregated such that it has a column "metric type", <columns to filter on> , "amount"

then when the chatbot asks "whats my total sales in January" i have to translate that into the metric "total sales" , Period = "January 21", Product = "X"

then that has to get translated into a domo query (see the SQL API) and then use developer token (developer.domo.com) to authenticate.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • 😍 Tks a lot!!!!!!!

I'll dive in this API world!