Changing Background color of a cell based on other cell

I have this beastmode formula going right now:

CASE 

WHEN SUM(`Real Time`) <= `Today Goal` THEN 

concat('<div style="background-color:red; color:white; margin:-20px; padding:20px">',SUM(`Real Time`),'</div>')

ELSE 

concat('<div style="background-color:green; color:white; margin:-20px; padding:20px">',SUM(`Real Time`),'</div>')

END

--

This is not working! I feel like its pretty straight forward but its not changing the background color or font color. Does anyone know of a sure fire way to change a cell color based on the value of another cell or how to fix mine so it'll work? I'm in a mega table if that makes a difference.

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @DANIH

Are you using a mega table or an HTML table? That would only work with an HTML table. Mega tables have limited HTML support.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I don’t recall the exact CSS styling but you’d need to update the hyperlink CSS styling link color for your hyperlink and that might work for you

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @DANIH

Are you using a mega table or an HTML table? That would only work with an HTML table. Mega tables have limited HTML support.

• @GrantSmith I just tried it with HTML and yes the background is now working but the font color is still blue is there anyway to change that to something like black in my formula?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I don’t recall the exact CSS styling but you’d need to update the hyperlink CSS styling link color for your hyperlink and that might work for you