Beastmode with adjustable date & null filter

Hi,

I am recreating a SQL query as a card in Domo. I need it to show transactions where:

• the OrderDate is before a specific date (that changes each time the report is run) and the SoldDate is NULL
  • OR
  • the SoldDate is after a certain date

Is it possible to make a Beastmode that can do this and show an adjustable date filter in the quick filters without the user needing to go into the analyzer? I have quick filters set up now, but with the current method, the user needs to run it twice to get all the transactions. See attached for what I have now and the original SQL query.

Thanks! 😀

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Because of how Domo functions there isn’t a way to filter multiple fields based on a single value like you’re wanting to do via a parameter

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Because of how Domo functions there isn’t a way to filter multiple fields based on a single value like you’re wanting to do via a parameter

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • AJ2020
    AJ2020 Member

Thanks Grant!

• what you can do is create a webform (or a dataset generated via ETL if you're using the today() function) with the columns JOIN_Col = 1 and then the date you want to filter on.

JOIN it to your transactional dataset using a Dataset View where on the transactional dataset you also have a JOIN_COL =1

Now when you change the value in your webform or Dataset View, the value is now JOIN'ed on your dataset and updates almost instantaneously.

Now just construct your case statement beast mode as

case when <criteria> then 'keep' else 'toss' end

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • AJ2020
    AJ2020 Member

@jaeW_at_Onyx Thank you! Do you have a video showing this? I am not quite understanding the steps.

Thanks, Angela

• Sorry, I don't.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"