Is there any way to get Embed Id programmatically?

I integrate with DOMO using java SDK and REST API, and I can get dashboard id or card id without any problems. But then I need to embed them on our site.

But I see that the iframe for embed that will only use the dashboard/card id mark as deprecated, and now it is necessary to use the iframe with the Embed Id.

Please tell me is there any way to get Embed Id programmatically using Java or some other language?

Thank you for the advice!

Answers

• Hi @Alex_us

There's likely a "lowercase p" public API endpoint to get a list of all of the embedded cards their their URLs to then parse our the ID. You'd just need to inspect your Domo Everywhere page list to determine which API endpoint it's utilizing. Note that as this is what Domo calls "lowercase p" public it's not documented and could change at any time.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi @GrantSmith

Thanks for your answer, but I'm new to DOMO, and I don't quite understand how this will help me solve the problem.

I can have thousands of cards and I can get their ID using Java SDK, but I can't get their Embed Id programmatically, which interests me.

It is not advisable to do this manually for each card, since cards are added all the time and this will require a lot of resources and time.

Perhaps I misunderstood your answer and I will be grateful to you if you can tell me about your idea in a little more detail.

• Hi @Alex_us

This video may help explain the APIs and how they interact with Domo. It's a very technical aspect having to interface with Domo in this specific way and typically need to utilize some programming language to build a pipeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwrZABP8RE&list=PLUy_qbtzH0S6-5oDbx3BsIv2Xk-JxJxWi&index=14

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi @GrantSmith

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for!

• Hi Alex, I see you got the solution from the video. Can you share if you were able to programmatically achieve this ?