Removing number abbreviation in line chart?

Hi All,

I have a line chart where I'd like to display the Y-scale and amounts in the thousands, without the K or M abbreviation. Is this possible?

For instance, $50,000,000 would display as $50,000K, and I can't find any way to remove that 'K'. Is a beast mode my only option here?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I would create a beast mode and divide that number by 1000. Then drag that field into your axis and use the title or description or some other area to let the user know it is in the thousands.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• Check your chart properties and data label settings and see if Use Scale Abbreviation is checked. That could be causing it. You can also click on Reset Chart Properties and that should fix it because, by default, the individual values are not abbreviated.

• I ended up unchecking that box, which brought my numbers back to a "normal" display, $50,000,000. What I still can't figure out is to display this as $50,000 (with the entire line chart being displayed in the 000's). Thank you in advance!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I would create a beast mode and divide that number by 1000. Then drag that field into your axis and use the title or description or some other area to let the user know it is in the thousands.

• Got it, doesn't seem to be a way without the Beast mode, but I recognize my question is a very specific one that most probably do not care about.