How to get video finishes data from the Vimeo Connector, or Vimeo in general?

Hello!

I utilized the Vimeo connector with no problems but there is data on Vimeo's analytics dashboard that is not present within the data via the connector, such as video finishes. I am curious if anybody knows how to tweak the connector to allow more data? I found Vimeo's Dev API but it does not seem to pertain to analytics in any form, so I am curious if the API Domo uses to connect is only available to DOMO specifically or if there is a way we can gain access as well. Video finishes would be great to have on our DOMO dashboard along with unique views, where the video was consumed, etc.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user026996

If appears this is a limitation of the Vimeo API. Domo is just calling the publicly available APIs. Looking at their documentation there isn't an option to get the data you're requesting.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• It seems like you might need to reach out to Domo Support who will transfer the ticket to connector support and they may have some insight. Did you try installing the Quickstart app to see if one of the cards created is getting the data you want and it is not labeled something very intuitively?

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043437593-Vimeo-QuickStart-App

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • I did send in a support ticket too. I did not know about the quickstart app but looking over it, I have gone through each of the datasets with and without the basic data param set to yes (was hoping the extra rows would pertain to videos watched on different days, but that wasn't the case. The data is already pre-aggregated no matter the selection).

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user026996

If appears this is a limitation of the Vimeo API. Domo is just calling the publicly available APIs. Looking at their documentation there isn't an option to get the data you're requesting.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Yeah, that is the same conclusion I came to, unfortunately. I'm currently just grabbing the data from Vimeo directly.