Quick toggle to exclude "Today"

In a report set for "last 7 days", Domo will automatically include the current date if your dataset has rows representing that date. I have many datasets with rows for the future, where the data isn't filled in yet.

In order to get today's date to be suppressed in the report, I have to write a Beast Mode:

case when `Date Of Contact` = CURRENT_DATE() then 'Today' else 'No' end

and then filter my card for 'No'

It would be extremely helpful if "Include Today?" was part of the date settings - even just a checkbox here:

With the beast mode referenced above, my card does this (today is June 4):

Without it, I get a column for June 4, with no data (it will be reported tomorrow):

What I wanted for this report when I set it for last 7 days, would be 7 columns where the first is YESTERDAY, and the last is last Friday (again it's June 4, so 7 days ago not including today is May 28).

If I want to see my data going back to May 28, I actually have to build the for last 8 days, and set my beast mode to exclude today. Which could confuse a user who sees "Last 8 Days" in the header, but sees 7 date columns, not 8.

Can we have a toggle to include/exclude today so we don't have to write date dimension logic in our beast modes and data flows?

Broadway + Data
1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Agree with this suggestion. Up vote isn't working for me right now.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • SeanPT
    SeanPT Contributor

Absolutely - we have so many cards that say "Last 8 days" so we can really get the last 7 REAL days.

And this is applicable on the week, month level. I often don't want the current week or month as they are still in progress.

• +1

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Upvote!

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • +1

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• jimmy
    jimmy Member

+1

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

+1

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Up vote isn't working for me right now - Agreed!

• +1

This would be incredibly helpful!

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

@Anna Yardley any idea why upvote doesn't work for this post? Glad to see folks are into the idea!

Broadway + Data
  • I need this!! There's no easy way to achieve this currently.. it has to be done with dataflows and conditional logic. :(