Show only Max Values in a chart

b_rad
b_rad Contributor

Hi,

I have a line chart like the one below. For each of the trend lines, I want to show the value when its the max value in that trendline.

For example, in the bottom most trendline, I want to show the value only for "2021-02-09" as its the highest value in that trendline.

Is this possible in Domo?

Answers

• I'm pretty sure you will need to determine your max value in Magic ETL first by using the group by tile and then join it back to the main dataset so that you have the date that the max value occurred on for that type.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi @b_rad

Are you wanting just the single point displayed or that value for all of your dates?

If you want it for all of your dates you could utilize a window function to calculate the maximum value.

MAX(SUM(`value`)) OVER ()

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • case when max(amount) = max(max(amount)) over () then 1 else 0 end

would identify the day with the max amount. but i feel like this

would give you the max max on every date. only downside of doing it in ETL is you have to carefully consider, do you want the max for all time or for the range of data you're looking at (which would necessitate

ssecitate the use of windowed functions in Anlayzer, talk to you CSM as it is a feature switch that must be enabled.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"