How to not send email upon user creation

faisalnjit
faisalnjit Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

We need to ask you if You have been Domo'd email can not be sent upon creation of certain users?  We create users with the help of Okta but sometimes to make sure We provide seamless experience to our leadership, we also create them in Domo directly, add them to group and provide them url of the dashboard. So in short we do not want sometimes this email go upon creation of a user... Can this be disabled temporarily? and we can enable it again or for some cases, I want to decide if email should go out or not.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @faisalnjit

You'll want to talk with your CSM to see if they can turn off the sending of emails. This would require a backend change on the Domo side.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @faisalnjit

You'll want to talk with your CSM to see if they can turn off the sending of emails. This would require a backend change on the Domo side.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • AFAIK the feature Grant is describing is binary. it's either turn off all email communications from Domo or not. I'm pretty sure that's not the experience you want for you users, and certainly not something you can toggle regularly.

There is a setting when you manually create a user in Domo to disable the email (i believe) but also... why? can you change how you onboard new users to make this less of a concern? (consider using groups and sharing content with groups instead of with individuals).

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"