Seeing more rows in ETL preview

Options

Hi all,

This is likely a basic questions, but I can't figure it out. . When I run a preview on my ETL, regardless of how many rows I chose to run it on, I can only see 100 rows. Is there a way to see more? There are anomalies that I need to be sure are accounted for in my algorithm and the preview doesn't always show these rows.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, no. The preview window will only let you scroll through 100 rows. It would be nice if it would. Next to run preview, you can change how much data it will pull in (default is 10k rows), but that still won't affect how many rows are in the preview window.

You can help your troubleshooting a little bit by dragging in some filter tiles and filtering on specific things that will force the results to show up in your preview, but it is safest to run the ETL and then view the output dataset and see if the results came out as expected.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The 1k, 10k, 100k, etc.. are for deciding how many rows you want to include from your input datasets. This is helpful if you have some joins in your dataset and, depending on how your input dataset data is sorted, you might not see any results to your join unless you tell the preview to process a larger chunk of your dataset.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, no. The preview window will only let you scroll through 100 rows. It would be nice if it would. Next to run preview, you can change how much data it will pull in (default is 10k rows), but that still won't affect how many rows are in the preview window.

You can help your troubleshooting a little bit by dragging in some filter tiles and filtering on specific things that will force the results to show up in your preview, but it is safest to run the ETL and then view the output dataset and see if the results came out as expected.

• user027926
    Options

Thanks Mark! What then does limit preview rows to 1K, 10Km 20K etc. mean?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The 1k, 10k, 100k, etc.. are for deciding how many rows you want to include from your input datasets. This is helpful if you have some joins in your dataset and, depending on how your input dataset data is sorted, you might not see any results to your join unless you tell the preview to process a larger chunk of your dataset.

• user027926
    Options

Gotcha. Thank you!