Updating individual rows- dataset

Hi,

I have used an excel upload for my dataset, and want to know if it is possible to make changes to individual rows within DOMO using Magic ETL or another function?

For example, if I need to update a specific field within a row, without having to make the change offline and reuploading the dataset.

Thanks

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can't edit an uploaded datasets directly in Domo, but there are other ways to change the data. In Magic ETL, you can use various tiles to replace data based on certain criteria. You can also join to another dataset in Magic ETL that has the correct data and use the columns from that dataset in your final output.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

Typically one doesn't update individual rows of data once it's stored in Domo.

Mark is correct you can transform the entire dataset (and just define your transformation to target an individual row) ... but that's typically not how Domo was intended to be used.

Depending on your degree of expertise you may just want to reupload your data.

Alternative work arounds people use include

1) use a Domo Webform (it mimics the user experience with Google Sheets)

2) use Google Sheets as an input dataset (instead of Excel file)

3) convert your Excel spreadsheet into a webform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUHYaICYD8 ** not for the faint of heart

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can't edit an uploaded datasets directly in Domo, but there are other ways to change the data. In Magic ETL, you can use various tiles to replace data based on certain criteria. You can also join to another dataset in Magic ETL that has the correct data and use the columns from that dataset in your final output.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

Typically one doesn't update individual rows of data once it's stored in Domo.

Mark is correct you can transform the entire dataset (and just define your transformation to target an individual row) ... but that's typically not how Domo was intended to be used.

Depending on your degree of expertise you may just want to reupload your data.

Alternative work arounds people use include

1) use a Domo Webform (it mimics the user experience with Google Sheets)

2) use Google Sheets as an input dataset (instead of Excel file)

3) convert your Excel spreadsheet into a webform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUHYaICYD8 ** not for the faint of heart

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"