Automating job creation in Workbench

Hi all,

When my company opens new stores, there is a standard practice of creating 4 new particular jobs in Workbench. Am I able to utilize the Workbench SDK to do this? I cannot find any examples of using the SDK for something like this, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Answers

• Hi @loganherzog

You can't utilize the Workbench SDK (I'm assuming you mean the wb.exe executable) to automatically ingest jobs. You can use the UI to import jobs that were previously exported however you'd need to make sure your IDs are unique otherwise you might have two jobs overwriting the same dataset. You could utilize a scripting language (like Python) to automatically create the file in the JSON format it expects but you'd need to make sure that you've got the output dataset unset. You'd then need to go into the UI and create / tie the WB job to the dataset. You might be able to utilize the Domo API / Pydomo SDK to automatically create a new dataset , get the ID and then use that in your JSON file generation.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @loganherzog , thinking it through, is there a strong reason to set up 4 new jobs for one store? could you not just append more data to an existing dataset?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx they are QuickBooks jobs meant to generate different accounting reports.

Thank you @GrantSmith , it sounds like what I'm trying to do isn't exactly accomplishable.