Tableau-like parameter actions

Hi all, I'm trying to use a filter inside an aggregation.

My data looks like this:

On a page, I want to add a slicer/filter that would allow a user to choose a fruit. This would filter the line chart below which would show % of count that the fruit makes up each day. So if a user selects apple, the line chart would have a mark at 40% for Jan 1, 30% for Jan 2, and 20% for Jan 3.

In Tableau, I would set up a list parameter (p_fruit) containing all possible fruits and then build a calculation something like this:

Sum( Case( when fruit = p_fruit then Count else 0 END) )

/

sum (count)

Does Domo have a similar functionality for using parameters to impact aggregations?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @gbuckley

Domo doesn't have parameters to pass in using this type of a method. Typically the closest you can get is using a webform to store your parameter and join that to your dataset using a dataset view. It's not the best user experience though.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor

I am thinking you would have to make that percent part of the dataset?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @gbuckley

Domo doesn't have parameters to pass in using this type of a method. Typically the closest you can get is using a webform to store your parameter and join that to your dataset using a dataset view. It's not the best user experience though.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @gbuckley ,

you could

select
    fruit as ReportFruit
    From table
    UNION
    select
    'all fruit' as ReportFruit
     from table

then put ReportFruit as the Filter, you have to always include the 'all fruit' as well as the desired fruit.

then

sum(case when ReportFruit <> 'all Fruit' then amount) /
    sum(case when ReportFruit = 'all Fruit' then amount) /

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"