Beast Mode Calc for URL Won't Activate Intranet Links

I have Domo connected to a data source where users provide URLs. Those URLs come into Domo as text, so I created a beast mode calc to activate is a link in Domo.

The beast mode calc is as follows:

The calculation works just fine for links to internet sites. Here's an example of it working when source value is populated with something like google:

But, when I populate the same field with an internal intranet site link, the beast mode seems to bomb out:

Do I need to do something specific to links that are internal to my company versus external on the internet?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

Hi @user028768

Try wrapping your values in double quotes:

CONCAT('<a href="', `Link to Additional Info`, '" target="_blank">Click to see additional info</a>')

Also, what type of card are you using? Hyperlinks will only work in table cards.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

Hi @user028768

Try wrapping your values in double quotes:

CONCAT('<a href="', `Link to Additional Info`, '" target="_blank">Click to see additional info</a>')

Also, what type of card are you using? Hyperlinks will only work in table cards.

• @GrantSmith - Thank you - it worked like a charm!

• Awesome! Glad to hear it @user028768

If you could mark my answer as accepted for others to make it easier to find I'd appreciate it. Thanks!