Hide row in html table if column data is empty

Options
Gijs
Gijs Member
edited April 2021 in Charting

Hi all,

We have a business rule where we only show data if the number of rows is >=7 because of privacy/pii concerns, and we do that with a beast mode calculation, and apply it as filter

CountRespondents: SUM(COUNT(DISTINCT `ratingid`)) OVER ()

But when I want to filter/hide the rows where the Comment is empty, the CountRespondents value decreases too. I set the filter to >=4 in this screenshot:

Is there a way to hide the data instead of filtering?

Tagged:

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

You could mask individual fields by doing something like this:

CASE WHEN SUM(COUNT(DISTINCT `ratingid`)) OVER () >= 7 THEN `comment` ELSE 'xxxx' END

It would be nice if you could do a case statement like this and put it in the filters, but that feature isn't out yet. I believe I saw in DP21 that it is coming soon.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

There is a beta for filtering on aggregates.

it has been in early beta for two years and works well enough.

@MarkSnodgrass the feature at DP21 is an update to the UI. no idea where we are in beta on that.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Gijs
    Gijs Member
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion @MarkSnodgrass ! Unfortunately that did not have the outcome Im looking for.

I think im trying to abuse the filters for 2 different use cases at the same time, which conflicts... Im gonna reach out to our CSM