Creating a static column that doesn't interact with the date filter.

I am working with Google Ads Campaign data. I want my 'Campaign' column to display all the campaign names and not remove any names when the filter is adjusted. other metrics such as 'click through rate' I do want to be able to interact with the date filter. How can I take my 'Campaign' column and make it static, so it will always display every campaign all time?

Answers

• Domo has a Dimensions dataset in the app store that you can join your Google Ads dataset to do this. You would use the Date Dimensions dataset and then join it to your Ads dataset so that all dates are listed and every campaign has a value of zero instead of null for each date. Keep in mind, your dataset will end up being much larger after this. In the card analyzer, you will want to make sure the chart properties are not set to hide zero values.

This should do it for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Golfoholic
    Golfoholic Member
    edited March 2021

@MarkSnodgrass is it the Domo Dimension Connector? If so, I am looking at the files available to pull when setting up the connection, and the only one's I am seeing that are related to 'Date' is AUcalendar.csv and calendar.csv.

• Yes. You would want the calendar.csv file. This will have a row for every date that you can join your ads data to.

• You might want to watch this video that @jaeW_at_Onyx put together on using the Date Dimensions dataset

• @MarkSnodgrass Thank you it's starting to make a little sense. @jaeW_at_Onyx is too smart! 😂I am starting to go through this and getting the 2 datasets joined together. Where it's still a little cloudy is the 'every campaign has a value of zero instead of null for each date.; Cause right now the campaign ads dataset itself has a start date and an end date. Start date has a value for ever row for each campaign, and end date does have null rows, obviously. so do I want to create a new date column that has entirely zero values?