Google Analytics: Behavior Flow

Hello! I have a request to bring in the "Behavior Flow" chart from Google Analytics 3 into Domo. I saw a thread posted a few years ago that was not updated so I thought I'd ask here.

Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm looking to pull in this graphic

It looks like the only way to export on Google Analytics' page itself is a pdf. Would I maybe need to pull sessions data, create a dataset in the sankey format, and then plug into a sankey chart?

Would it be easier to do this with GA4? Let me know if anyone has any ideas! Thanks!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I don't think there's an actual Behavior Flow dataset from Google Analytics, you'd likely need to pull the raw data and create it yourself.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Hi @jefflmp585

I'd recommend utilizing a Sankey chart and the Google Analytics connector for this so it would automatically update for you instead of having to download the file each time you want it updated.

• @GrantSmith Hey Grant, thank you for your reply. I believe I was a little unclear in my question.

Let me rephrase - I do want to use the Google Analytics connector to pull this in. I'm looking for an option in the connector that will pull the data used to create this "Behavior Flow" chart, that is where I am struggling. Does that exist? Or do I need to create the dataset myself.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I don't think there's an actual Behavior Flow dataset from Google Analytics, you'd likely need to pull the raw data and create it yourself.