Beast mode to count a variable with an if that reference other variable

Hi all,

I am trying to create a trend line of the total number of customers we have that have reached an X revenue threshold by month. I wonder how to best do that whether from a beastmode or something else.

The tricky part is that the data we have in domo is all written by revenue center in that one customer can have multiple revenue centers. So if the sum of all the revenue centers for one customer reach an X threshold than we want to include that customer in the total number of customers. If below the threshold, then it is excluded.

Thank you in advance for your help.

The data structure have four colums like this:

Date Customer Name Rev Center Revenue $

Answers

• @user06979 this is the kind of thing you have to do in ETL or a Dataset View.

You cannot complete this requirement in analyzer.

The gut check response might be to use a window function, but you can't filter on aggregates without a beta feature switch AND with recent changes to Domo, even that won't work.

You could implement the window function in DSVs, but at that point you might as well take your dataset GROUP BY Customer calculate the SUM(AMOUNT) and then just JOIN it back onto your transactions.

Now you have a materialized column that you can filter on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eifSYZIcPzg

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for the comment.

I guess the answer lies in configuring it in the ETL or DSV, which I will try to figure out. The video looks promising to give me instruction to do so. It is a 40 min video, so I'll have to find time to watch it, but will for sure check it out.

Thank you

J