Use card with drilldown as filter on a page

andres
andres Member
edited March 2021 in Charting

Hi!

I have created a dashboard where I have a map that is drillable (it's a map that goes from a state view to a zip view) but since I have changed the interaction option the card is no longer interacting with the rest of the cards on the page.

Would it be possible to keep both functionalities ( when a user clicks on a state the rest of the cards should only display data for that state)?

Answers

• That would be a nice feature if it did that. Unfortunately, you can only choose one interaction in the interaction filter. I would suggest submitting it in the Ideas Exchange section of the Dojo and see if it can be added to a future release.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks for your answer @MarkSnodgrass ! I'll submit a ticket to the Ideas Exchange, but want you happen to know if there is a temporary approach/workaround I can follow?

It's come to my knowledge that this "feature" I'm asking for can be achievable by using pfilters, although I'm not sure of it.

Thanks again,

Andres

• @andres it's kind of a binary thing right. Either you drill OR you filter.

So if you want filtering, maybe make a second visualization / card that handles state-based filtering. This could be a Bar Chart or a Checkbox, Radio box etc.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"