DOMO CLI Interface Search/Filter

I'm trying to better understand how to use the Domo CLI, and have a few questions.

-Is there a way to search for all datasets/flow/cards whose name does not follow a defined convention? Ideally, I'd like to be able to utilize regex to search for patterns. Something like "list-dataset -n TEST%"

-When executing a search, is there a way to only return certain the ids based on defined attributes in the metadata? For example, I'd like to find all datasets who haven't updated in over a month. Or all datasets who are not connected to any cards.

Essentially, I'm exploring ways to more programmatically manage and administer data governance in our instance.

Thanks!

Answers

• Have you looked into the Domo Stats and Domo Governance datasets in the appstore? Many of these questions can be answered with these datasets and the Domo Stats quickstart will even build the cards for you that will answer these questions for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • I guess that I could use the Domo Stats/Governance outputs to then generate the list of ids to tie to various actions that I want to take to update/delete/move/etc objects. I'm curious what the CLI was designed for? I figured something like this would be a good utilization of the tool.

• I don't think the CLI tool was intended to be used as a reporting tool. I believe it was created as a quick way to perform some bulk actions, such as permissions, groups, etc... Here's a link to the KB article.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @user09644

you could use list-dataflows and output to a csv. then use any other scripting tool (python for example) to continue the automation process.

@MarkSnodgrass is correct, the CLI is mostly a wrapper for interacting with the APIs, the querying and automation part is the next mile which you'll pick up with Python, Node server or some other scripting environment.

here's a similar ish example using PyDomo (python sdk)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"