R Script Packages

jimmy
jimmy Member
edited March 2023 in R & Python Tiles

Is it possible to install packages to use in an R Script (DataFlow > Scripting > R Script)? 

I tried install.packages(), but "/usr/lib/R/site-library" is not writable. I tried installing to a few other folders too (e.g. install.packages(lib = '/usr'), but they aren't writable. Granted this is a fringe use case, but it would help me. Otherwise, here are a few packages that I'd love to see: tidyverse, here, usethis, googleAuthR, googleAnalyticsR. I realize that most of the tidyverse is available, but typing library('tidyverse') is much easier! Domo's Google Analytics connectors are great, but I'm a long time googleAnalyticsR user and miss its bells and whistles. Being able to use googleAnalyticsR inside Domo would be fantastic! 

Comments

• Following this question - I am getting the same error with packages I am trying to install. Also interested in tidyverse as well as NL, stringr, tm, and dplyr. 

• jimmy
    jimmy Member

At the top of your script try: 

library('dplyr')
    library('stringr')
    library('tm')

I don't see NL in the list of installed packages.

• No, it's not possible. It's my understanding we would need the Jupyter notebook integration to create a custom environment.

• Hi @jimmy

If you talk with your CSM they may be able to spin up an environment with your required packages.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited March 2021

@user15776 , it is possible to have an environment spun up in MagicETL with additional packages included. You would have to coordinate with Domo Support and your CSM.

Also, if you have the option, try to go with Jupyter Notebook Integration (or get it added as a trial) you can use pip install to install your own packages in JNI. Once your script is complete, then you would have an easier (less friction) time going to support saying, "this is the tooling I need to automate my pipeline"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhj9zcwai98

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"