Calculating NPS total score based on a survey

Hello, I need to create an NPS score calculation. I know the formula ( [ (No. of promoters - No. of detractors) / Total responses ] * 100), but whenever I enter into a beast mode calculation, it does not work.

How do I need to format my survey information data, or write my formual to get the card to aggregate correctly and display the NPS score?

The data format I currently have is pasted below. Here is the beast mode calculation I've tried:

((sum(`Promoter Count`) - sum(`Detractor Count`)) / sum(`NPS Count`))*100

Answers

• Hi @user006645

How exactly does your formula not work? What are you expecting and what are you getting?

Syntactically your formula looks correct

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi Grant, the results are just null. No error message, but also no data. When I extract one part of the formula out it displays correctly. e.g.: sum(`Detractor Count`) but as soon as I use more than one field it just doesn't show anything.

Is there a way to aggregate an entire column? Since I believe my formula is trying to calculate across rows, when I need the logic to first sum the column totals, then run the formula.

What do you think?

• @user006645

((sum(`Promoter Count`) - sum(`Detractor Count`)) / sum(`NPS Count`))*100

@GrantSmith is correct it looks like you ARE aggregating across columns.

i.e. "first calculate sum of promoter count and sum of detractor count and then subtract them etc.

So your syntax looks good.

To troubleshoot break each aggregate into it's own column. are you getting the expected results? (i assume you don't have NPS Group on the axis.)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"