Weighted Average formula - beast mode

Hi all-

I am using a beast mode to calculate the weighted average of days between two dates (payment due date and invoice date). Formula here: SUM((`PAYMNT_DUE_DT`-`INVOICE_DT`)*`RECPT_AMT_USD`)/ SUM(`RECPT_AMT_USD`)

However, I realized there may be some zeros in the output that are possibly causing the weighted average to be skewed lower. Can someone let me know if there is something I should add to exclude zeros maybe?

Tagged:

Answers

• swagner
    swagner Contributor

Sum(Case when (your function) = 0 then 0 else (your function) end)

• Hi @stephgalfano

You can use a CASE statement to filter some values in your calculation. See

CASE WHEN `value_or_expression` <> 0 THEN `value` END

Alternatively you could use the filter on your card to filter out other values.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• SUM((`PAYMNT_DUE_DT`-`INVOICE_DT`)*`RECPT_AMT_USD`)/ SUM(`RECPT_AMT_USD`)

I don't believe your problem is the existence of zeros. Or att least, perhaps not the way you're explainig it anyway.

1) i assume payment_due_dt is a dateTime column. If so, you shouldn't do dt-dt, I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume that Domo will calculate the difference between two dates. Instead, use the DateDiff function. Be clear if it's dateTime or just date, b/c you might get a decimal result if it's less than a complete date.

Lastly, what happens if payment came in on the same day as the invoice? then, yes the datediff is zero, so i assume that's where you want your CASE statement, if datediff = 0 then 1 else datediff end.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"