Swapping field names that is used in multiple columns.

Hello, I want to swap a field name that is in use in multiple cards and would like to change this field with a different one. our dataset isn't powered by magic ETL. Any other way to do this?

Answers

• I would suggest creating a Magic ETL and then using the Select Columns tile to swap the field names. Just make sure you rename exactly, including uppercase and lowercase. You can then easily switch all cards powered by a dataset over to another by going to that dataset in the data center and then click on cards and select "switch cards to another dataset".

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • I would suggest creating a Magic ETL and then using the Select Columns tile to swap the field names. Just make sure you rename exactly, including uppercase and lowercase. You can then easily switch all cards powered by a dataset over to another by going to that dataset in the data center and then click on cards and select "switch cards to another dataset".

• But the column I intend to change are beastmode calc and they dont appear in ETL

• If they are both beastmodes, can you just copy and paste the formulas in the other beast mode?

Also, if you have Magic ETL 2.0, there is a Formula tile and you could put your beast mode calculation in there instead.

• hmmm. l dont think that would work . But let me try

• Hi @akshayaviswanathan

Have you looked into Beast Mode Manager (https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/KPI_Cards/Transforming_Data_Using_Beast_Mode/Beast_Mode_Manager) to allow you to change your beast modes across multiple cards? Is your beast mode you're wanting to change saved to the card or to the dataset (did you check the box on the beast mode which saved it to the dataset when creating the beast mode)?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @akshayaviswanathan , there is no 'easy' way to do what you're asking for.

@GrantSmith 's method of using the beast mode manager works IF the beast modes have been shared to the dataset (because then you only have to update one beast mode).

if you didn't share the beast mode to your dataset, then do so. and then edit all the impacted cards. remove the version of the beast mode that is NOT shared to the dataset and then add the one that is. (you may have naming conflicts so name the shared beast mode, beastmode_shared , so that you can easily identify it.

use the domo governance datasets, https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_with_Connectors/Configuring_Each_Connector/Connectors_for_Analytics/Domo_Governance_Datasets_Connector related to beast modes to help you during this audit process.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"