U.S. Designated Market Area (DMA) Custom Chart

Since Domo doesn't have a U.S. Designated Market Area (DMA) map as part of the standard card types, I am hoping to create my own using the custom chart feature. Could anyone who has already done this provide the U.S. Designated Market Area (DMA) file in SVG, KML, GeoJSON, TopoJSON, or Shape format that they used?

Thanks very much!

Answers

• I found this online. It appears to have all the shapes, but they will likely require some re-labeling. You can do this with Inkscape or any code editor.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass, I saw that one too, but unfortunately, the map changes over time. Since that's from 2013, it won't reflect the correct DMA's any longer.

• Hi @user092416

Looks like Nielsen is the one who owns and maintains the DMA lists.

You might be able to utilize the Zip code list they provide to plot the different regions based on a US map categorized by the region.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I extracted the SVG markup from this page http://bl.ocks.org/simzou/6459889 and created a new SVG file. I don't think it is perfect because Domo is picking up 206 regions from it, but you should definitely get you pretty close. Here is the new one.

(Note to Domo: Please support SVG as a valid file attachment in the Dojo so I don't have to zip the file each time)

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hey @MarkSnodgrass , i think i found this video of you explaining how you created that ZIP file!! :P

Side note we should put that in dojo-domo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKOLhsfl10Q

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Apologies for picking up on an old thread and if this has been asked and answered already. This .svg is really helpful!

Is there a way to edit the .svg so that the path's can be labelled as the correct DMA that it represents? For example, when you upload this svg as a custom chart it labels each shape as "path50","path52", etc. I know I could manually edit those in the file but was wondering if there was a simpler way?