expected beast mode behavior?

In trying to debug a beast mode issue, I created a simple beast mode:

sum(1)

Now, when I put that on a single value card, it displays "179". This is the same behavior whether or not I use an aggregate function.

Can anyone explain that behavior? Screengrabs attached:

Comments

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited February 2021

Yes. this is normal behavior.

I assume by two choices you mean either

sum(1)

OR

In Analyzer the default aggregation is sum. if you change the aggregation method on the second beast mode to AVG, MIN or MAX, you should see a different value.

if you have a beast mode with a built in aggregate, you cannot change the aggregation method to something else.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • So whether I use 1 or sun it shows up as 179. Any other insights out there as to why?

• "if you change the aggregation method on the second beast mode to AVG, MIN or MAX, you should see a different value."

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • got it- using an alternate aggregation does make it render correctly. and I figured out that the sum of 1 aggregating across the number of records in the test dataset did come out to 179. mystery solved, thank you.