Exporting live cards to ppt.

AnasAhmed
AnasAhmed Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I want to export a live card/ card table that is long and keeps updating as the dataset updates. The problem I am facing is whenever I am trying to export this card it only exports the snapshot of the card and not the whole card also since it is only the snapshot, it does not updates as the card in my domo instance updates. Is there anyway by which I can export this card?

Best Answer

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Using the plugin I can update the card, but the only problem I am facing now is, I have a table card which is scrollable and when I am exporting this card to powerpoint it only comes as a snapshot or as thumbnail of the card, I want this card to be scrollable even in the presentation also. How can I do this ?

• @anasahmed , you're creating power points right ... why are you exporting scrollable tables? this may be an example of using the wrong tool for the job.

if you want to give your users access to ALL the data, why not use an Excel Connector and just export the dataset or table?

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @Jawein Actually it was a client request. They wanted a power point presentation of all the cards from the dashboard and the table card was one of them, and when they found out that exporting in power point does not exports a scrollable table card they wanted us to find out a way to do it.

• the behavior in power point mimics the behavior of HTML cards in Domo. Not scrollable. See comment about using Excel to export longer tables.

Jae Wilson