Flex Table Number Formatting

I have a flex table where I am showing the first values and last values as columns. Domo wants to abbreviate some of the larger numbers, but I don't want it to do that. I can't seem to find a chart property that lets me control that. See screenshot.

Does anyone know if this can be controlled? Or is this a feature request?

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
**Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Best Answer

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@MarkSnodgrass that's as far as I could get mine to go too. Perhaps post on the ideas exchange or product feedback that we would like more ability to custom flex tables.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    edited February 2021

Weird, mine seems to abbreviate to 2 decimals at least. Which values are you using for those? Are you also choosing a format for the field? I noticed when I select format as number it remove the decimal places.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• @Ashleigh if you are referring to the y-axis, I am choosing format as number.

are you formatting somewhere else?

• Hey @MarkSnodgrass I don't believe there's a way to control the abbreviation of the data columns, only the abbreviation on the graph.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @MarkSnodgrass try removing the format and see if that gives you some decimals. My fields are numbers from the flow so its already formatted there.

• @Ashleigh Great idea! Removing the format and changing it to default helped, but didn't quite get it there. See above.

• I agree that the options to control how the data looks is very limited for a lot of card types. Flex tables are no exception.

The only place that I could find to denote a scale abbreviation is in the summary number:

However, this has no impact on the data in the table.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@MarkSnodgrass that's as far as I could get mine to go too. Perhaps post on the ideas exchange or product feedback that we would like more ability to custom flex tables.