Excel reporting with macros upload at appendix

Hi

Is it possible to upload an excel report with macros to the appendix. I am looking to use this as a reference only.  Users can download the report and do their own analysis. I am not sure if Domo has a upload/download capabilities for sharing files.

Thank you   

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

you can do this with the "Document Card" but i'm not sure I'd recommend this workflow.

https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/Doc_Cards/01Adding_a_Doc_Card_to_Domo

if it were me, I would try to recreate the macros in Domo via ETL or DSV or analyzer so that the data doesn't need to leave Domo.

Document cards are great for SUPER STATIC documents, but if the data in them is going to change, or you're going to regularly altering the doc card, the UI / User experience feels super clunky compared to modern tools with auto syncing features like onedrive or google drive.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

you can do this with the "Document Card" but i'm not sure I'd recommend this workflow.

https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/Doc_Cards/01Adding_a_Doc_Card_to_Domo

if it were me, I would try to recreate the macros in Domo via ETL or DSV or analyzer so that the data doesn't need to leave Domo.

Document cards are great for SUPER STATIC documents, but if the data in them is going to change, or you're going to regularly altering the doc card, the UI / User experience feels super clunky compared to modern tools with auto syncing features like onedrive or google drive.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for the response Jay. 

This discussion has been closed.