How to retrieve an Excel File from a Domo card

I've created a Domo card that displays an Excel file, which shows a graph.
Recently my laptop was damaged and lost all my local files. One of which was the Excel I used to use to populate the graph.
I remembered that I've recently uploaded the file onto a Domo card. I went to Edit Dashboard, Edit card, and there was no option to find the original source file. The only option I saw was to upload a new file.
Does anyone know how I may be able to retrieve this Excel file from my Domo card? Or is there a data file repository somewhere in Domo admin page?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

When viewing a card (not editing) scroll down below the graph and click on the name of the dataset. This will take you to the dataset details page. Click on the 3 dots in top right corner of the page and choose Export Data. This will download the data for you. 

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

When viewing a card (not editing) scroll down below the graph and click on the name of the dataset. This will take you to the dataset details page. Click on the 3 dots in top right corner of the page and choose Export Data. This will download the data for you. 

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Because this Domo card is an Excel view not a typical Domo card that populates using a dataset, when you're not in edit mode there is no way to click on the card.  In fact, there is not even a title to the card as you may see in the screenshot.  But what was interesting/quirky with this custom card here was when I made the report fit the screen, I was able to get to the detail page that you were describing.  From there, I was able to download the file.  Thank god I don't have to recreate this report, it would have taken me a couple of days to put it all together again.  I really appreciate your feedback.