Over Partition Clause in Magic ETL, or SQL transform

I'm looking for a solution to create a new column that will either copy a shipping timestamp on all rows, if the shipping date exist on one of the rows. If the shipping date doesn't appear on a row, then it can be null.  Or maybe more preferable, a true/false statement, if a shipping timestamp is associated to an account, then the column will have a true for each row the account exist on.

Comments

• If you have the ability to do Vertica Functions in beastmode turned on then you could do something like this: 

Max(case when IFNULL(`Shipped Time`,'False') = 'False' then 'False' else 'True' end) over(partition by `Account Number`)

If you have the feature turned on it will save successfully once you swap my fields for yours. If it does not save then you need to request the vertica-functions-beast-mode gets turned on through support. It should look something like this when done.

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 11.58.48 AM.png

• I don't have Vertica integrated, is there an alternative? Is Vertica a subscription service?

• Hi @user056039 

@Wills  is referring to Windowing Functions. This is a feature switch you can talk to your CSM to get it enabled within your instance.

Here's a webpage describing windowing functions.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**