Combining Beast Modes - Converting Week

Hey everyone! 

I am trying to combine these two beast modes but am having a hard time getting it to work. 

DATE_FORMAT(SUBDATE(`Submit Date`,WEEKDAY(`Submit Date`)-1),'%m/%d/%Y',DATE_ADD(`Submit Date`,27 day))

Is the beast mode I am trying. below is the two separate that I am wanting to combine. 

DATE_FORMAT(SUBDATE(`Submit Date`,WEEKDAY(`Submit Date`)-1),'%m/%d/%Y')

AND 

DATE_ADD(`Submit Date`,27 day)

Thanks!! 

Comments

• Hi @Whimzyy 

It looks like what you are trying to do is subtract 1 day from the submit date and then add 27 days to it?

What happens if you try something like this:

DATE_ADD(`Submit Date`, INTERVAL 26 DAY)

Or did I not follow your code correctly? 

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hi @Whimzyy 

Do you have some example data showing what you want the final output to look like? Right now your beast mode is attempting to pass 3 parameters into the date_format function which takes 2 (the date and format string). It's not clear what your expected output is based on your current beast mode.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Sorry I wasn't clear on my post. I am trying to convert week # to a shorthand date format but also add the 27 days as an interval. 

Thanks! 

• You can try something like:

DATE_FORMAT(DATE_SUB(DATE_ADD(`Submit Date`, 27), DAYOFWEEK(`Submit Date`)-1), ,'%m/%d/%Y')

Alternatively you could just do a new beast mode for the addition

DATE_ADD(`Submit Date`, 27)

and graph by week allowing Domo to display the date (You may need to change the company settings on how weeks are displayed. (Admin Settings > Company Settings > Company Overview > Week display = Week dates)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**