Story Page: Make note card that stores historical data and filters with page date filter?

I am building a story page for a weekly situation report, that used to be on an excel file. The file stores historical data, but also includes a comments section that can be looked back at. How can i make a note card/document card that my controller can make notes in every week that has a date filter so that historical data can be looked at when the filter is applied and past comments can be looked at?

Comments

• I would suggest you look into the Dynamic Textbox card to accomplish this. It could be powered by a Domo Webform or an Excel file that you or the controller updates. The dataset would have a date column and then a notes column and the notes column would go in the category field of the Dynamic Textbox card. The date column should interact with the page filter. 

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass thanks for the advice! I think i am going to go with the online data sheet and just display the data as a table with date filters. It's a bit more manual, but it provides the SLT with historical data

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUHYaICYD8

It's a bit nerdy, but you can build a dataflow that recursively appends historical comments to a dataset, and then output that dataset as a webform.  This will remove the manual element of copying in the historical data into a dataset, while retaining the ability to modify or update the comments in Domo.

If you then pull that webform into your dataset or a separate card, you'll be able to filter the data and see comments relevant to the data in a story / dashboard.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.